Cheoah: the Ultimate Whitewater Rafting Trip
The Cheoah River is the ultimate whitewater rafting experience in the southeast. The Class IV-IV+ rapids are made up of steep, vertical ledges and technical boulder fields. The rapids continue to climb the whitewater scale until arriving at the Big Fat Gap Bridge. Here begins two of the steepest commercially rafted miles of whitewater in the U.S. With non-stop rapids made up of rocks, holes, and waves, the river chases a constantly disappearing horizon. The action does not let up until the final plunge into Lake Calderwood.
The Cheoah River is a fully-guided trip. The rafts are arranged to have a maximum of four guests and a guide in each raft. Your trip includes a full day of action-packed Class IV+ rafting,, a mid-river hike up Bear Creek Falls, a delicious riverside lunch and beverages, as well as all equipment – including a complimentary wetsuit, pfd, paddles and helmets.
Extremely continuous and physically demanding, the Cheoah is the perfect choice for those looking to take the whitewater experience to that next level. A dam-controlled river, release dates are limited to a select few dates a year.
- Previous rafting experience on minimum Class III-IV whitewater is necessary.
- Participants must be in good physical condition.
- Minimum age requirement on the Cheoah is sixteen.
For Cheoah guests who need some Class III-IV experience, we recommend the Ocoee River and offer a special Ocoee River/Cheoah River Double Header.
2018 Release Dates
Whitewater rafting and kayaking are available on the Cheoah on the following dates:
- February 24, 25 (Saturday, Sunday)
- March 24, 25 (Saturday, Sunday)
- April 14, 15 (Saturday, Sunday)
- April 21, 22 (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 12, 13 (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 19, 20 (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 26, 27 (Saturday, Sunday)
- August 4 (Saturday)
- October 6 (Saturday)
- November 43(Saturday)
|TRIP OPTIONS||Individual||Group Rate-15+|
|Cheoah Full-Day Trip||$159||call for special groups|
|Cheoah/Ocoee Package||$235||call for special groups|
- All equipment you need for your trip with no additional charges, fees or taxes
- Complimentary wetsuits and paddle jackets.
- A delicious riverside lunch.
- A smile when you walk in the door
- Check our Plan Your Trip page for a link to waivers, directions to the river, and a trip prep check list.