We’ve been sharing Ecuador with the paddling community for 20+ years and the kayaking just keeps getting better!
Kayak in Ecuador and experience a place that is still remote and untouched in spirit. The potential of rivers in Ecuador can be called nothing less than remarkable. The kayaking in Ecuador compliments our Costa Rica trips in the diversity of rivers to be boated at all skill levels. And it is hard to beat warm-weather boating during the cold winter months! From Class III to Class IV+, the rivers vary from steep, technical runs similar to rivers found in the southeast, to big water runs full of surf waves and play holes. On some days you will be in a dry top, on others just a short sleeve paddling jacket to avoid the sun! Not sure which level trip is right for you? Check out our Which Trip is Right For You Help Page.
Ecuador Whitewater 2018-2019 Schedule
|Class IV Classics
|Class III/III-IV Christmas Trip
||Class III & III-IV
||Dec 21-Dec29, 2018
| Class “Fun” NYE Week of Paddling
||Class III-IV||Dec28-Jan05, 2019
|Class III-IV Classics Week
||Jan04- Jan12, 2019
|Class IV Classics Week
|Class III-IV On the Fence Week
||Jan18- Jan26, 2019
|Class III Classics Week
||Jan25- Feb02, 2019
|Class III-IV & IV Combo Week
||Class III-IV & IV
||Feb 01- Feb09, 2019
|Class IV Creeking/Big Water Week
||Feb 08-Feb 16, 2019
- The 9-day trip is $1695.00,
- Any 2-week combination is $3240.00
- For groups of five or more, count on a $100/person discount.
- Looking for a custom trip? Pick any week that is currently available, regardless of the trip designation and we will make it yours. There is a six person minimum to block out a custom trip.
Trip prices is based on double occupancy. A $350.00 deposit is necessary to hold your space for this trip, with the full balance due no later than November 1. If you would prefer guaranteed single occupancy for the week, you may do so at a prorated cost. We cannot guarantee single occupancy every night, but will work to accommodate you.
What you can count on your trip including:
- Six amazing paddling days on the beautiful rivers of Ecuador.
- A day in Quito exploring the Mitad del Mundo or Old Town, depending on the trip.
- Time off-river to experience the culture and scenery of Ecuador.
- Your in-country accommodations – we will pick you up at the Quito Airport and take care of your accommodations from Friday, your first night, through the following Friday night with us.
- All your in-country meals – from Saturday morning to your last night with us. We have a selection of favorite restaurants. And when an option, you order off the menu.
- In-country transportation with Angel, who has been with us for 20+ years.
- Your kayak. We steer more towards river runner/creek boats, but also have river running playboats.
- Guides – with 20+ years’ experience on the rivers of Ecuador, our hand-picked guides understand fluctuating water levels, flexibility and support.
- Photos of your trip – enjoy previous trips’ photos to vicariously experience your trip.
Not included in your trip price is airfare, airport taxes, adult beverages during the trip, snacks, miscellaneous tips and your taxi ride to the airport on your way home.
You may cancel up to November 1 and receive a full refund. After November 1, money is not refunded unless someone fills your spot on the trip, at which time all money will be refunded.
Please note that ENDLESS RIVER ADVENTURES cannot be responsible for changes or cancellations made due to extreme weather or water conditions that may alter the trip, or personal situations that might cause you to have to cancel your reservation at the last minute. We highly recommend that you look into trip insurance when you purchase your airline ticket.
Flights should be arranged into Quito, Ecuador. You should plan on arriving Friday afternoon/evening for the paddling part of your trip. Do not be deterred by late arrivals into Quito, that is very typical. Departure can be planned for the following Saturday morning. You will need a valid passport. The passport must have an expiration date of greater than six months after your return date
Our EcoLodge Base in Ecuador
The RioQuijos EcoLodge: the darling of the Quijos Valley. Our eco-lodge is nestled on the Quijos River. Surrounded by 40 acres of nature, you will go to sleep to the sound of the river and wake to the sound of a collection of extraordinary birds. Our private beach is the perfect launch spot for kayaking and rafting, as well as our yoga center.
Whether you need a break from the fast pace of Quito, or are looking to explore the Oriente of Ecuador during your visit, the lodge is a perfect destination for enjoying the beauty of the Quijos Valley.
We have a commitment to Ecuador since 1995, with trips that will exceed your expectations. So what is it that makes our trips stand out?
- Logistics – with trip dates scheduled for the prime boating season in Ecuador, we strive to make sure that your paddling time is maximized, as is your opportunity to see local off-river sites and immersion in the local culture. And this does not stop with river logistics. We help you with more than just an amazing kayak trip. Mountain biking, climbing, fishing, hiking, bird watching, the Galapagos and more, there is so much to do in Ecuador!
- Lodging – You will spend time at the RioQuijos EcoLodge and Reserve. The landmark eco-lodge of the Oriente, with land registered with the “media ambiente” for conservation. Imagine a put-in where you can walk down to the river, or back up from the river, right to your lodge! There is no better location in the Oriente.
- Guides–renowned kayak instructors, trusted guides and just good people to hang out with. We have a remarkable depth of experience from working in multiple countries, including Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina, Panama and Ecuador. And in our own time, we are out pushing our own envelopes. Our guides are in their boats, backing you up on the water. We add an additional guide to collect photos of your trip for you.
- Experience – our cumulative experience paddling the rivers of Ecuador. Every one of our instructors has spent time with us guiding in Ecuador – and each has made an imprint on the quality of trip we run. In addition to guiding time, our guides have spent personal time exploring the rivers of Ecuador – including a first descent on the Rio Cofanes.
- Transportation – Our driver, Angel, is hands-down the best driver in country. We cannot place a high enough value on the need for a trustworthy and reliable driver and partner. Angel has the best/most dependable kayak vehicle there is in Ecuador.
- Commitment – our commitment to developing partnerships with the hotels, guides, restaurants, panaderias, shops, and even local politicians over 20+ years so that there is an understanding at the local level of the value of whitewater tourism. In addition we support local environmental initiatives, paddling clubs and river rallies to help build a strong local paddling community.
- Value – We will run a better value trip than you could do on your own in one action-packed week. Your trip price includes all lodging, meals, equipment, in-country transportation and trip-related expenses, from the first evening of your trip to the last evening. There are no surprise expenses: you stay in quality hotels, order off the menu in restaurants, and enjoy more than just kayaking while you are in country.
There is so much more to Ecuador than just the kayaking
and here are a few of the reasons this beautiful country
should be part of your travel plans!