We’ve been kayaking in Costa Rica since 1990
and invite you to join us on a trip to paddle the rivers we personally hold dear to us. Costa Rica is frequently described as “world renowned for its vast ecosystems, advanced conservation programs, stable political climate, friendly citizens and fantastic paddling.” Traveling to Costa Rica is not a one-time destination, but a place you will return to again and again. For whitewater kayakers, the quantity of rivers ranging from Class II-V provides uniquely diverse opportunities for whitewater paddling. With its eco-tourism, easy access throughout the country, the rivers to be run, and camaraderie developed within the group, Costa Rica is a trip you can enjoy with us year after year. Costa Rica is frequently described as “world renowned for its vast ecosystems, advanced conservation programs, stable political climate, friendly citizens and fantastic paddling.” Travel to and then around Costa Rica is easy. And for whitewater kayakers, the quantity of rivers ranging from Class II-V provides uniquely diverse opportunities for whitewater paddling. With its eco-tourism, easy access throughout the country, the rivers to be run, and camaraderie developed within the group, Costa Rica is a trip you can enjoy with us year after year.
Costa Rica Whitewater 2019 Schedule
Pacuare, Sarapiqui, Toro, Savegre, Pejibaye: all part of the whitewater line-up in Costa Rica.
|Class II-III & Class III Combo Week (Thanksgiving)
This week of Class II and Class III paddling is the perfect combo for boaters of Class II skills and those of Class III-IV to paddle together.
|Class II-III and Class III
|Class III Classics Week
A combination of west-coast waves and the classic runs of Costa Rica means a week of surfing, stern squirting, and enjoying paddling in Costa Rica. This is a great way kick start your paddling skills to a whole new level.
| Class “Fun” Week of Paddling
This week of Class III-IV paddling is perfect for the boater who has started paddling some Class IV rapids, but likes the mix that a Class III-IV trip will offer.
|Class III-IV||Nov30 – Dec07, 2019
|Looking for a custom trip,
or custom dates not listed?
We can do it!
Just give us a call to set up your dream trip.
- The 8-day trip is $1795.00,
- Any 2-week combination is $3240.00
- For groups of five or more, count on a $100/person discount.
- Looking for a custom trip? Pick any week that is currently available, regardless of the trip designation and we will make it yours.
Trip prices is based on double occupancy. A $350.00 deposit is necessary to hold your space for this trip, with the full balance due no later than October 1. If you would prefer guaranteed single occupancy for the week, you may do so at a prorated cost. We cannot guarantee single occupancy every night, but will work to accommodate you.
What you can count on your trip including:
- Six amazing paddling days on the beautiful rivers of Costa Rica
- Time off-river to experience the culture and scenery of Costa Rica.
- Your in-country accommodations – from your first night to your last night with us.
- All your in-country meals – from your first night to your last night with us. We have a selection of favorite restaurants. And you order off the menu.
- In-country transportation with Miguel, who has been with us for 27 years.
- Your Kayak. We steer more towards river runner/creek boats, but also have river running playboats.
- Guides – with 25+ years’ experience on the rivers of Costa Rica, our hand-picked guides understand fluctuating water levels, flexibility and support.
- Photos of your trip – enjoy previous trips’ photos to vicariously experience your trip.
Not included in your trip price is airfare, airport taxes, adult beverages during the trip, snacks, miscellaneous tips and your taxi ride to the airport on your way home.
You may cancel up to September 1 and receive a full refund. After September 1, money is not refunded unless someone fills your spot on the trip, at which time all money will be refunded.
Please note that ENDLESS RIVER ADVENTURES cannot be responsible for changes or cancellations made due to extreme weather or water conditions that may alter the trip, or personal situations that might cause you to have to cancel your reservation at the last minute. We highly recommend that you look into trip insurance when you purchase your airline ticket.
Flights should be arranged into San Jose, Costa Rica. You should plan on arriving Saturday afternoon/evening for the paddling part of your trip. Departure can be planned for the following Saturday morning. You will need a valid passport. The passport must have an expiration date of greater than six months after your return date.
Kayaking in Costa Rica since 1990, why Endless River Adventures for Costa Rica Kayaking:
- Our trip dates are selected to take advantage of the tail-end of the rainy season, maximizing whitewater opportunities.
- Our itineraries: from Class II-III to Class IV+, we have the greatest variety in our itineraries–reaching out across this small country to take advantage of all the great watersheds available.
- Adding New Rivers. After all these years we still do not rest on our laurels in the country, but spend time each year exploring additional rivers to be added to our great itineraries to keep our trips as flexible as possible.
- Our logistics. We have partnerships with hotels, restaurants and local vendors dating back twenty years.And if there is something to be smoothed out, as owners either Ken or Juliet will be there to help you out.
- Our in-country transportation. The partner we have in our driver, Miguel. Miguel plays a key role in ensuring that our trips run smoothly. And we have worked with him for 20+ years-so he understands what a kayaking trip is all about!
- Our guests. We have a repeat rate among our guests that far exceeds industry norms–a testament to the quality of paddling in Costa Rica and to the quality of our trip.
- And most important, the quality of our guides. They are experienced Costa Rica guides, but also international guides who have gained experience working in multiple countries. Our guides bring their experience to the trips to make sure everyone has a great time on and off the river.
There is so much more to Costa Rica than just the kayaking
and here are a few of the reasons this beautiful country
should be part of your travel plans!