Travel to Costa Rica, a country frequently described as “world renowned for its vast ecosystems, advanced conservation programs, stable political climate, friendly citizens and fantastic paddling.” Traveling to– and then around Costa Rica is easy. Costa Rica itself is an island country of democratic stability in Central America. There has been no military presence in Costa Rica since the end of their civil war in the 1940’s. It is a country in which education and culture are national icons. After each splendid day on the river, it is a pleasure to enjoy the warm hospitality and the “pura vida” of Costa Rica.
Whitewater Kayaking Since 1990
Our specialty in this amazing country is running whitewater kayaking trips – for 25+ years
Our trips runs from early November through mid-December – at the tail-end of the rainy season. With trips ranging from Class II-III through Class IV there are options for everyone. We also offer non-paddler options for your partner that wants to join you for a week in this awesome country.
Enjoy Additional Days in Costa Rica
You have gone out of your way to plan a vacation to this great country. If you have additional days available, plan to stay after your trip! Even if only one or two extra days in this eco-country, take the opportunity to experience the best of eco-tourism, including:
- Tram ride/canopy tour through the rain forest,
- Beaches of the west coast featuring world class surfing and accommodations that range from quaint jungle lodges overlooking a deserted beach, to world class resorts where spoiling you is the theme.
- Touring Cafe Brit coffee plantations
- Butterfly/birdwatching at Monte Verde
- Watching the lava flow at night (from a safe distance) at Arenal Volcano
- Shopping: Costa Rica is not known for a wide selection of hand-crafted items, but there are beautiful gifts to be found. Costa Rican coffee is a great gift, as are wooden carved bowls and hammocks. And we have several local craftsmen who will display their handcrafted jewelry and sandals during the trip. Even the airport in San Jose offers turbo-shopping for tho