Enjoyed by canoeists, kayakers and rafters alike, the Nantahala River is one of the most popular rivers in the U.S.! You will enjoy eight miles of Class II-III whitewater. Flowing through the Nantahala Gorge, an area revered by the Cherokee Indians. The word Nantahala itself means “middle sun” or “midday sun” in the Cherokee language. With its crystal clear, Class II-III water, the Nantahala is the perfect river to enjoy with family and friends. We offer trips year-round, seven days a week.
Parents: There is a minimum weight limit for children of sixty (60) pounds or seven (7) years old, which is strictly enforced by the U.S. Forest Service. Please make sure your children meet the requirement before the trip to avoid disappointing them on arrival.
Nantahala River Rafting Options: Fully Guided, Self-Guided/Rental, Duckys
- FULLY GUIDED RAFTING
- GUIDED DUCKY TRIPS
- SELF-GUIDED / RENTAL RAFT
- DUCKY RENTAL TRIPS
|TRIP OPTIONS||Cost per Person||Group15+||Group 25+|
|Rental Duck (Single)||$29||$25|
|Rental Duck (Double)||$24/each||$22.50/each|
- All equipment you need for your trip with no additional charges, fees or taxes
- Complimentary wetsuits and paddle jackets
- Shuttle to the put-in and from the take-out
- A smile when you walk in the door
- Check our Plan Your Trip page for a link to waivers, directions to the river, and a trip prep check list.