Ocoee Rafting TN Whitewater Rafting, Full Day Ocoee River Options
We offer both half day and full day whitewater rafting options on the Ocoee River
- The Single Upper Ocoee and the Single Middle Ocoee River Trip
- The Ocoee Delux Trip: a full day combination of the Upper and the Middle Sections of the Ocoee.
- The Ocoee Double Header: a full day combination of the Middle Ocoee Section
Checking out the details of each trip will help you decide which trip is best for you. No previous experience is necessary, but there is a required minimum age limit of 12 years old. With trip options available from March through October, use the Middle Ocoee Release Schedule and an Upper Ocoee release schedule to help you determine which trip will work best for you.
About the Ocoee River
Located just over the North Carolina/Tennessee border is the world-famous Ocoee River. The Ocoee offers two exciting sections of Class III-IV whitewater, making it one of the most popular river runs in the southeast. It is also accessible from almost any point in the southeast for a day trip!
|More convenient to meet at the river than our outpost? We are happy to save you the additional driving time if it is more convenient for you to come straight to the Ocoee River. We want to make it easy for you to raft with us on the Ocoee!
The Upper Ocoee is an action-packed run that includes the 1996 Olympic Slalom course. More remote than the Middle, the rapids are steeper, more pool-drop and carry such names as Humongous, Edge of the World, Roach Motel and Let’s Make a Deal. The Upper Ocoee is available on selective weekends of the summer.
For exciting Class III-IV continuous big water fun, the Middle Ocoee—located just downstream of the Upper Ocoee, is a favorite. Roller coaster, big wave rapids with names like Double Trouble, Table Saw, Double Suck and Hell Hole makes this run too much fun! Both sections are dam-controlled, with the Middle Ocoee available from mid-March through the first weekend of November.
Both sections of the Ocoee are dam-controlled rivers, with guaranteed water flows on the Middle Ocoee available weekends March- May/September – October; and five days a week, Thursday – Monday, from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Reservations are required in advance.
The Upper Ocoee release schedule includes Saturdays and Sundays from June - August and Saturdays only in May and September.
Ready to make your reservation? Contact us directly at 800-224-7238 or use our email reservation form.
WHY ENDLESS RIVER ADVENTURES ON THE OCOEE
- We intentionally keep our trips smaller and more personal.
- Our staff is a seasoned group of professionals who enjoy their time on the river and sharing their enthusiasm with you.
- We take pride in the quality of our trips: from the training of our guides, to the equipment used, to the hand-packed riverside lunches enjoyed on each of our full-day trips.
- We provide the additional transportation from our Nantahala Outpost to the Ocoee River on full-day trips, allowing you to relax and enjoy the shuttle ride. If meeting us directly at the river is more convenient, we are happy to make that easy for you to do.
"Thank you for letting us raft with you this past weekend. All of the students
enjoyed the river and spoke very highly of your guides. I appreciate the
level of professionalism and direct focus on safety. Thank you for an overall
fun and exciting experience. We look forward to working together again in the
future. All the best,"
-Michael Pletsch, M.Ed., Outdoor Recreation Georgia Tech
CAPTURING THE MEMORIES
Photographs of your trip are taken on the river and are available on-line for review and purchase. Check out Ocoee Rafting Photographer .