Ecuador Whitewater Kayaking Class II - Class IV+
We have a commitment to Ecuador since 1995, with trips that will exceed your expectations. So what is it that makes our trips stand out?
- Logistics - with trip dates scheduled for the prime boating season in Ecuador, we strive to make sure that your paddling time is maximized, as is your opportunity to see local off-river sites and immersion in the local culture. And this does not stop with river logistics. We help you with more than just an amazing kayak trip. Mountain biking, climbing, fishing, hiking, bird watching, the Galapagos and more, there is so much to do in Ecuador!
- Lodging - You will spend time at the RioQuijos EcoLodge and Reserve. The landmark eco-lodge of the Oriente, with land registered with the "media ambiente" for conservation.
- Guides--renowned kayak instructors, trusted guides and just good people to hang out with. We have a remarkeable depth of experience from working in multiple countries, including Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina, Panama and Ecuador. And in our own time, we are out pushing our own envelopes. Our guides are in their boats, backing you up on the water. We add an additional guide to collect photos of your trip for you.
- Experience - our cumulative experience paddling the rivers of Ecuador. Every one of our instructors has spent time with us guiding in Ecuador - and each has made an imprint on the quality of trip we run. In addition to guiding time, our guides have spent personal time exploring the rivers of Ecuador - including a first descent on the Rio Cofanes.
- Transportation - Our driver, Angel, is hands-down the best driver in country. We cannot place a high enough value on the need for a trustworthy and reliable driver and partner. Angel has the best/most dependable kayak vehicle there is in Ecuador.
- Commitment - our commitment to developing partnerships with the hotels, guides, restaurants, panaderias, shops, and even local politicians over 20+ years so that there is an understanding at the local level of the value of whitewater tourism. In addition we support local environmental initiatives, paddling clubs and river rallies to help build a strong local paddling communtiy.
- Value - We will run a better value trip than you could do on your own in one action-packed week. Your trip price includes all lodging, meals, equipment, in-country transportation and trip-related expenses, from the first evening of your trip to the last evening. There are no surprise expenses: you stay in quality hotels, order off the menu in restaurants, and enjoy more than just kayaking down the river.
And of course the quality of whitewater rivers in Ecuador!
Ecuador offers a network of rivers falling off either side of the Andes — the spectacular range of mountains which serve as the backbone of the country. The striking geographical and cultural contrasts you will encounter while paddling with us are what make Ecuador such a fascinating place to boat. Remote and untouched in spirit, the potential of rivers in Ecuador can be called nothing less than remarkable! Ecuador compliments our Costa Rica trips in the diversity of rivers to be boated at all skill levels. And it is hard to beat warm-water boating during the cold winter months! Check our scheduled trip dates and custom trip options for the week that will work for you.
Looking for Custom Trip in Ecuador?
Kayaking, biking, bird watching, hiking, horse back riding, touring, paddlers and non-paddlers alike....we can plan a special trip for you and your friends. Choose dates that work best for you and your friends, regardless of the skill level or dates published. We can do high-end itineraries, or mixed-group itineraries to make everyone happy. Itineraries can include plans for on and off the river groups. Reserve your custom trip today!
"We have been home for a week and we are still enjoying the glow of a wonderful trip. You guys really have a knack for putting on a great trip. Everything was perfect; all the little details of the trip worked smoothly, the rivers you chose were perfect and we both thoroughly enjoyed the biking portion of the trip. It is a pleasure to travel though the countryside with you as you spread friendship and goodwill to folks you meet along the way."
-Devi and Hunter, on a sailboat somewhere